Friday, October 7, 2011

Private Photography Review



Private International Review of Photographs features some of my work from Turkana in their 54th issue titled 'Lost'. Stoked also to have the cover page with an image I made in a place called 'Kakong' in North-Western Kenya.

The village, in the marshy borderlands was besieged by the neighboring, more powerful, Pokot tribe. The name of the place itself means 'Eyes' in the local tongue, such was the frequency of armed livestock raids visited on the place.

I made this image while on 'patrol' with the tribesmen, lanky Turkanas wielding AK's; most of them with only one bullet apiece in their magazines. They laughed at me crawling around in the dusty earth with my Rollei and a macro lens while I should have been worried about getting shot at by the feared Pokots.

The ants seemed to sum up the harshness of the place.

The issue of Private is a gem with outstanding essays from all-time photo heroes Roger Ballen and Stephen DuPont, long-term crush Carolyn Drake and a slew of other outstanding photographers. Many thanks to Veronique and the crew.

Get a copy today...


1 comments:

Indi Host said...

There is noticeably a bundle to know about this. I assume you made certain nice points in features also.

Click Here
Wallinside.com