Monday, April 19, 2010

Honey

While attending the Istanbul Film Festival with our documentary Colony I was delighted to catch the film 'Bal' or 'Honey' by Turkish Director Semih Kaplanoğlu. Patient, poignant and immensely beautiful it's the final film in a trilogy following on from 'Milk' and 'Egg'. The titles themselves allude to the quiet minimalism of his work and this film witnesses the director at the proverbial 'height of his powers'.
'Honey' was deservedly honored with the People's Choice Award, the Special Jury Prize and the award for Best Cinematography for Cinematographer BARIŞ ÖZBİÇER at Saturday's ceremony in Istanbul.

1 comments:

Ariana Richardo said...

I’d have to check with you here. Which is not something I usually do! I enjoy reading a post that will make people think. Also, thanks for allowing me to comment!

Click Here
Kinja.com