Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Lance Acord at the ASC


I stumbled across this series of talks at the American Society of Cinematographers with incredible cinematographer Lance Acord discussing his work on 'Where the Wild Things Are'.

Director of Photography for both Spike Jonze and Sophia Coppola as well as countless innovative music videos and commercials, Acord is an inspiration for me, both for the simplicity and also the profound beauty of his work.

Always grounded in naturalism but using framing, camera movement and an ever-evolving but tell-tale colour palette that makes his work stand out, he makes it look easy.

Most interesting to me is the discussion about his early career, his love of Josef Koudelka, Robert Frank and getting his first gig as a photo assistant to Bruce Weber, making connections in the New York art scene, cutting his teeth on 16mm and getting the nod from Vincent Gallo to lens the indie classic 'Buffalo '66'. Great stuff.

Lance Acord at the ASC: Part I
Lance Acord at the ASC: Part II

2 comments:

Lacy Wesley said...

I’d have to check with you here. Which is not something I usually do! I enjoy reading a post that will make people think. Also, thanks for allowing me to comment! Information Information Information

yanmaneee said...

christian louboutin shoes
yeezy shoes
yeezy
air max 2019
nike shoes
nmd
yeezy boost 500
michael kors outlet online
yeezy boost
nike air max 2017